Tuesday 23 July 2013

Return to the world of blogging - The Outfits of Disney 2013!

Hello my darling readers!

So it has been half a year of no blogging - I have to admit, I am feeling a little out of practise as I type this!

I better explain what has been keeping me away from my beloved blog for all this time - teaching! Now I know there are a lot of teachers who blog frequently alongside completing their teaching duties who I am hoping to follow in their footsteps next year, however, this year I was completing my training which took up all of my free time with evidence folders, QTS tests, and constant planning. 

Yet, it all resulted in this, my exciting news... I am now a qualified History teacher! It has been one giant ball of stress, exhaustion, and panic but it is now over and only a few weeks ago I graduated my course as a qualified 'good/outstanding' History teacher. I have secured myself a position as a tutor of History at a sixth form college for September which means I now have six (well five...) glorious weeks to just relax and get back to blogging - yay! 

My returning post will be on one of my key highlights of this year - my romantic getaway to the Bahamas & Florida with my boyfriend, and the resulting purchase of my first DSLR! (Canon E100D)

 

Castaway Cay

Being the Disney addict that I am, I convinced the boyfriend to save up with me and go on a Disney cruise/holiday in the Easter holidays. It was an incredible experience on the Disney Dream and if you haven't had a chance to try a Disney cruise, I seriously recommend it! I have never felt so completely pampered in my life, and being completely Disneyfied as I am, having a whole holiday infused with Disney Magic was glorious. 

With the weather being as beautiful as it was, it gave me a chance to spring out the summer wardrobe again and although some of these outfits are old (and I mean, old) favourites, I got to throw some new ones in there too! So here are just some of my favourites:

 Shift dress from Dorothy Perkins


Halterneck dress from Abercrombie & Fitch

Dress from H&M

Unfortunately, I was wheelchair bound for the majority of this holiday due to a knee injury that had occured just before we went away which hindered the outfit shots somewhat! However, I still got to meet some of my Disney favourites like the big child I am!

(This is one of three pairs of Mickey ears I own...)






And for anyone who has had their interest sparked from this post, here are some pictures of the stunning Disney Dream which was huge & ornately decorated with an Art Deco feel. It had its own theatre with West End style shows, swimming pools, spa (with excellent treatments albeit expensive), several restaurants and its own water rollercoaster called the Aquaduck! Plus being able to eat as much as you want whenever you want led to me gaining a decent amount of weight but also being in food heaven...









 Adults Only Jacuzzi with glass panelling & floor.











 Pirate ears.


 Firework show in the middle of the ocean.

 Towel monkey!


 Sample of breakfast with Mickey waffles!



Would you consider doing a Disney Cruise? Do you have your favourite holiday outfits?

Love,


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back lovely, and congrats on becoming a qualified teacher! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I love reading every single one, it means so much to me knowing people are actually reading my ramblings! So thanks and I will reply to each one :-)