Thursday 24 May 2012

Supporting the 2012 Olympics with Next!

Hello my lovelies!

So with the Olympics quickly coming upon us, its time to show our support for our atheles! And the lovely Laura at Next decided to help me out with my support by sending me this gorgeous scarf from their TeamGB collection to wear and show my support! 






Now I'm a big fan of the Olympics, and despite it making London unbearably busy this year, I'm quite proud that we got chosen to hold the 2012 Olympics! Although I didn't get tickets for any of my favourite sports to watch, my daddy did score some tickets to the Athletics at the Olympic Park where I will be proudly showing off my fancy new scarf!

As it is the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this year as well, I wanted that to influence how I used this scarf and to reflect my own vintage love - so that's where the first two looks came from:




 My Headscarf/Ribbon style - Love this instead of a hairband and makes such a cute little bow on top whilst showing the British colours! Rosie the Riveter anyone?



The cute little neckscarf style of the 50s - match it with a full skirt and a cute top and I'm ready to go support my country's atheletes in 50s glory! Plus it keeps my neck so cosy!

Finally I went for the superhero look and turned my scarf into a cape - geek much? But hey! It shows off the awesome lion design which I think would be sad to go amiss - I'm thinking this is the look for when we win gold!



For only £10, this scarf is quite the bargain with money from the scarf going to our paralympic atheletes - so its not just stylish, its generous too! I actually love how huge it is and how soft it is! I'm looking forward to using these three styles when I am heading to the Olympics myself this summer, instead of a traditional flag.

How would you style your Next olympic scarf? How are you showing your 2012 spirit?

Love,

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, as a cape it's fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute. how am i only just now following you. fabulous post, love. If you get a second, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest guest post for LaurenConrad.com xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I love reading every single one, it means so much to me knowing people are actually reading my ramblings! So thanks and I will reply to each one :-)