Sunday 19 February 2012

Review of Chanel Rouge Allure Intense Longwear Lipgloss - I'm in love.

Hello my lovelies, hope the weekend has been treating you all well! I actually saw sunshine today, can you believe that?! I actually saw sunshine! However, it did mislead me a bit in thinking it was warmer than it was, and therefore froze the moment I went outside. 

Anyway, after a mini shopping trip with my mum on Friday, I brought home two new stunners to add to my beloved make-up collection. One: My necessary eyeliner after I was disappointed by Maxfactor, the other, was a new Chanel lipgloss. Boy, was that second one a treat. As everyone who reads this blog knows (and even those who don't!) I am a complete Chanel addict - my boyfriend thinks I am insane for spending inordinate amounts of money on such little pleasures, but its my addiction. So when I was given a £10 gift card for Christmas, I have been saving it up for a special purchase - and there, after being swatched against several other Chanel and Dior lipsticks, I began my love affair with the Chanel Rouge Allure lipgloss.






Ah, such a beauty - isn't it? The price, not so much. At £23.50, you have to be in love with the product to even begin justifying spending that much - thank God for the £10 help towards it! I swatched different pink shades from all different brands but nothing matched this one which tipped me towards getting it - the perfect mix between a natural pink but with a hint of red to give it that richness in colour. So it had to be bought as a daytime colour - something different from the clear glosses and red lipsticks I usually have. 



And it does what it says, a longwear colour that is intense like a lipstick, but has the softness and sheen of a lipgloss - best of both worlds really! So far, this is one satisfied customer. However, can't help feeling sometimes that you can spend more on the name of Chanel rather than for the product, but in this case, no other product matched the colour for me.

What do you think of Chanel products? 

Love,

7 comments:

  1. What a stunning colour on you xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Chanel is always worth it in my opinion :) but you know that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for London lunch!!!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful colour. Shamefully for a blogger I don't own any Chanel make-up!
    Looking forward to meeting you at the the London Lunch! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colour, it really suits you. Looking forward to meeting you next Saturday
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I love reading every single one, it means so much to me knowing people are actually reading my ramblings! So thanks and I will reply to each one :-)