Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year's Tag!

It's been a while since I have blogged, and I have an album full of photos just waiting to be blogged about, but as it is NYE and I'm spending time with the family just thought I would do this quick quiz to sum up some of the year! So here goes:

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?

I graduated from university, gained a job as a teaching assistant at my old school (something I seriously could not forsee happening as I swore I wouldn't go back there once I finished sixth form!), got accepted onto an MA, studied US Supreme Court law... Ummmm, went to Gran Canaria and Disneyland Paris - both holidays with my boyfriend which is all new. Plus I saw the ballet which was incredible, definitely going to be a treat for me and went to the Aussie & Motel blogger events where I met some lovely girls and had an awesome time! There are more but these sprang to mind and here are some pictures to go with them...





2. What countries did you visit?

France (Disneyland Paris) and Gran Canaria. I was meant to go to the US but a knee injury got in the way of that plan, something for the future then! 



3. What moments from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?

There are so many but most of them have covered in the first question, such as graduation where I ran around Canterbury in a black, billowing gown like Snape! Hanging out with my best friends and living with my best friend & boyfriend was just the most awesome way to finish final year. Going to the Royal Ballet with my mum, having a full-time job and the holidays with the boyfriend. There have been some less great moments, but prefer to focus on the positives.

4. Where did most of your money go?

As a student: food, going out, rent, travel costs and takeaway. After student life: holidays, clothes, shoes, make up. Literally have spent sooooooo much on clothes and make up recently, but still have the student 'must-budget' ethos dug deep into my soul. 

5. What song will always remind you of 2011?

Glee, generally, just Glee. 

6. What do you wish you'd done more of?

More blogging, controlled my temper more, come up with more witty responses to idiots, be more committed to losing weight, been in more societies at university.

7. What do you wish you'd done less of? 

Argued with people I care about, been less unsure of myself, get wound up over little things that didn't matter,  be snappy with the ones I care about, be paranoid about what people think of me and always trying to please others. There are loads others but I shall try and improve with 2012.

8. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?

At home, watching Morecambe and Wise stuff with the family :)

9. Did you fall in love in 2011?

Just remained in love with the guy I have been in love with since 2009 :-)
 
10. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?  

Only two; others hated before that point haha. But seriously, it takes a lot for me to hate people and they definitely deserve my hatred. I have had some arguments with 'friends' though which result in dislike and end of friendships.

11. What did you want and get?

I wanted a 2:1 in my degree and got it. I got a job after graduating, I went on holiday twice with my boyfriend and there are lots of other things. Quite a lucky girl really!

12. What did you want and not get?


Um, an iPhone and my laptop fixed lol. I dunno, wanted better marks on my dissertation, my grandma to get a full recovery and to be able to do my MA. Silly things really, but I did get a job which was a huuuge thing :)


13. What was your favorite film(s) of this year?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, absolutely incredible film which had me sobbing more than I have in films before! Sherlock Holmes 2 was good as well, and did like New Year's Eve haha.
14. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 22, definitely starting to feel old now! On my actual birthday, I worked and then just had a quite night in with the family and boyfriend. The week before I celebrated it by going to Disneyland Paris with my boyfriend. Very nice... Apart from the work bit.

15. Who was the best new person/people you met?

I have met some lovely bloggers over this year such as Sophie, Nora, Lauren and Charlotte! Plus some lovely people at work :)


16. Did you learn anything?

Yup all about The Cold War in more detail, as well as the Britain and American Revolution. I also learnt other things but those have sprung to mind #geek. Another thing would be probably not to always leave things until they get too bad and end in an awful argument, also to be more upfront than passive aggressive lol.

17. Who did you spend Valentines with?

Davie.
 
18. Do you live in the same place you did at the beginning of the year?

Yes and no. I did start 2011 by being at home, but was actually living in Canterbury. Now, back living at home.

19. Did you change your hair?

Oh frequently. Started the year with dark blonde hair or light brown mixed with blonde highlights, then went to platinum blonde and now back to dark brown/red hair! Full circle. Plus started with a bob, and now hair has grown quite a bit longer. But thinking of going back to a bob, what do you think? (not the best pictures...)




 

20. Any weddings in 2011?

Only the Royal one.

21. Any babies in 2011?

Not from me! But not from anyone else, that I'm aware of anyway.

22. So overall was it a good year?

In parts, less in others. The last part has been pretty hard, but have had new opportunities as well. It was better at the beginning than at the end, but here's to 2012 making it better again!

23. Were you naughty or nice?

A bit of both probably. More nice though :-)

24. What's your New Year's Resolution?

There are sooo many: get back into reading, more blogging, more studying, lose tons of weight, back into exercise, work on my personality, figure out a plan for 2012/2013.

Hope you liked this, more posts coming up! 

Love,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I love reading every single one, it means so much to me knowing people are actually reading my ramblings! So thanks and I will reply to each one :-)